CARTEK Battery isolator XR for racing cars - FIA-compliant *** New Version *** (CARTEK CK-BR-08)The Solid State Battery Isolator XR is the further development from the GT version and is a very small and highly reliable alternative to the traditional mechanical master-switch and has been designed to overcome all of the problems and restrictions associated with mechanical and electro/mechanical safety cut-outs.
It is designed for all cars (likewise for Turbo & Diesel cars). The *** Kit *** contains additional two switches and a sticker for the cockpit.
- Fully electronic with no moving parts
- Totally sealed against water and dirt
- Completely resistant to shock and vibration
- Fully integrated with built in alternator run-down circuitry
- No extra components required
- Driver operation by a single internal ON-OFF button/switch
- External operation by single or multiple 'strike' button(s)
- Buttons / switches connected to Isolator using light weight wiring
- Mounts close to battery for reduced cabling
- Very small and weighs just 70g
- Designed and manufactured in UK using high quality components
When fitted to a race car our Solid State Battery Isolator simultaneously isolates the battery and kills the engine immediately when triggered in accordance with FiA safety regulations.
Isolators can be supplied stand alone for connection to customers own switches/buttons or as full kits with high quality, fully waterproof, internal and external buttons and safety stickers.
This system has been designed to simplify installation thereby saving time and reducing build costs.
- Size: L = 60mm, W = 45mm
- Weight: 70g
- Battery negative terminal: M8 brass stud.
- Positive power terminals: M6 brass stud.
- Operational Voltage: 7-18V
- Current consumption: 25mA (Max ON & OFF)
- Battery negative switching current: 600A typ, 2000A surge
- Operating temperature: -10°C - +85°C
Cartek Automotive Electronics Ltd manufactures innovative products for the motorsport industry including Solid State Battery Isolators and FiA Rain Lights.