A significant amount of weight has been removed from around the rim for even better throttle response. The 2009 pulley now weighs in at 578g (previously 790g), compared to the factory 2180g on the WRX and 2575g on the STi.
This pulley will improve throttle response (particularly off-boost response) and allow the engine to rev more freely in the upper rev range. It suits ALL Subaru EJ-series engines, and does not require additional belts.
GFB pulley kits are designed to improve acceleration by reducing the rotational mass (inertia) on the crankshaft as well as parasitic loads from the driven accessories. The effect is similar to a lighter flywheel, and the engine feels more lively and willing to rev.
Like all GFB lightweight pulley kits, you can feel the improvements:
- Sharper throttle response
- Engine feels more willing to rev
- Stronger ?urge?
- SUBARU Impreza STi GDB-GGB EJ20-25T MY01-07 195kw Petrol Engine AWD Hatchback 12/02-09/05
- SUBARU Impreza STi GDB-GGB EJ20-25T MY01-07 GD, GG 195kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 11/01-12/00
- SUBARU Impreza WRX GDA-GGA EJ20T MY01-02 GD, GG 150kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 12/01-11/02
- SUBARU Impreza WRX GDA-GGA EJ20T MY01-02 GD, GG 160kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 12/00-12/00
- SUBARU Legacy BE-BH EJ20TT MY98-03 BE, BH 206kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 06/02-08/03
- SUBARU Legacy BE-BH EJ20TT MY98-03 BE, BH 191kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 08/00-08/03